Wednesday, January 11, 2012

I Love You Jesus

Image Credit

Today I focus on my mind.

I read an article of Tess Marshall in The Bold Life yesterday. One of her tips in overcoming fear and living life boldly is to not believe in my thoughts. She said, "Drop your negative thinking and lack of faith in yourself or it will continue to snowball. Train your mind to create positive expectations. Learn to expect the best."

Well, I admit my mind had been trained to think negatively with me unaware of it. I only realized it to be when the consequences of my words and actions were negative. I have tried as much as I can to think positively. To my desperation, it was so hard to do. I always fail. I'm only good in the first one minute and after that my mind would wander to it's old habit of thinking negatively.

This morning upon waking up I tried to form another habit that may replace my old thinking habit. I focused on Jesus. I kept on repeating these words, "I Love You Jesus." It sounded simple, yet focus to me is a little harder. I just treated myself gently. I allowed myself to wander for a second or more and led it back again. This is my first time of doing this. If I do this every morning, I know it would be much easier later.

Yeah, it sounded like a mantra -- but a very effective mantra that would work for me and help me a lot if I do it everyday, step by step.

 So Jesus please help me.

I Love You Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment